Try this tasty Asian inspired noodles bursting with different flavours collaborating in the bowl. A great summer dish!
- 2 pieces of fresh salmon (each weighing 100-150g), skin and bones removed
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce (We love Barkers)
- 2 packets pre-cooked soba noodles or 2 bunches dried soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (Olivado Virgin Sesame oil is great)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (We love Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (we use Three Peaks New Zealand Manuka Honey)
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Sweet basil to serve
- Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Mayo to serve
- Marinade the salmon pieces in sweet chili sauce for at least 1 hour. Cook pieces of salmon on a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the fish completely.
- Cool the fish, then roughly flake. Set aside.
- Cook soba noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Add asparagus to the soba cooking pot just before the noodles are ready so that asparagus get blanched lightly. Rinse under cold running water. Drain. Toss with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Set aside.
- Mix ingredients for the dressing. Stir well.
- Place cooled noodles, asparagus, salmon, spring onion, spinach and dressing into a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Divide noodles between 2 bowls. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, garnish with sweet basil leaves. Serve immediately with Sriracha Mayo for an extra kick.