This twist on a kiwi classic is delicious! If you are craving something scrummy this Anzac day whip these up.
Makes: about 24
- 140g butter
- 60g golden syrup
- 80g rolled oats
- 70g sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 50g sultanas
- 60g dried figs, stems removed, cut into small pieces
- 75g chopped dried apricots
- 65g dried coconut
- 125g plain flour
- 90g brown sugar
- 5g baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan.
- Place the oats, seeds, sultanas, figs, apricots, coconut, flour and brown sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix together the baking soda and boiling water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the oats mixture and mix well.
- Place large tablespoonsfuls of the mixture on to the trays. Flatten each to a circle, leaving a 2cm gap between each.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Rotate trays halfway through cooking or cook one tray at a time.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before placing on a wire rack.
- Once cold, store in an airtight container.
The Long Lunch with Annabelle White in for Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.