Korean chilli chicken bibimbap
If you haven’t tried a bibimbap, now is the time! Loaded with the goodness of crisp vegetables, warm rice, a fried egg and divine Swiss brown mushrooms, combined with chicken and chilli sauce. This Meadows Mushrooms recipe is definitely a winner.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 3-4 cups hot steamed rice (we use Sunrice)
- 10 cm cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4 Tbsp + 1 tsp oil (we use Olivado avocado cooking oil)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 tsp sesame oil (we use Olivado Extra Virgin Sesame seed oil )
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus extra to season
- 300g chicken mince (we use Waitoa free range)
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 cups sprouts
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 eggs
- 250g Meadows Swiss Brown Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce (we love Barkers of Geraldine)
- In a small bowl, combine cucumber, rice vinegar, sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon of oil and leave to marinade.
- In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and pepper. Add chicken mince to the mixture and mix well using a fork to break the mince up. Cover and refrigerate it for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in medium-hot skillet and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Lightly stir fry the sprouts, the carrots and edamame separately one after another in the same pan adding some cooking oil in between if necessary. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and cook chicken with marinade, stirring frequently to separate the mince until cooked through (about 7 minutes). Mix cooked mushrooms and chilli sauce, then heat through.
- While the chicken is cooking, fry eggs in a separate frying pan. Take care not to overcook the eggs.
- Divide hot steamed rice in individual bowls. Top with chicken and mushrooms, sprouts, carrot, edamame and cucumber. Place a fried egg in the middle of each bowl.
- Pour soy sauce over rice bowls and season with black pepper if desired.
Entries are now closed - tune in Monday to hear the #MoOnTheRoad winner
Listen to Sainso for your last chance to enter to win the 1967 MGB Convertible. Entries close 11am Friday!