Corn speaks summertime, and this Mexican street food inspired recipe is a delicious way to enjoy it. I’ve made this recipe many times throughout the year and it’s a firm favourite!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (we love Best Foods)
- 1tbsp Barker's Chipotle sauce
- 1tbsp finely diced red onion
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- 2 corn cobs (we love Leaderbrand for all year round)
- Chilli flakes
- Fresh coriander
- 2tbsp grated cheddar (we love Mainland)
- Fresh lime, to serve
- In a bowl, combine the mayo, chipotle sauce, onion and lime zest. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Pat dry the corn cobs, then wrap tightly with tin foil. Place on a hot grill or BBQ, and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally (don’t be afraid to char the corn).
- Remove from the tin foil, the slather with the mayonnaise mixture. Top with a sprinkle of chilli flakes, fresh coriander and grated cheese. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and seasoning. Serve immediately.