Inspired by a classic spanish omelette or tortilla de patatas, this delicious frittata is made up of few ingredients but is packed with lots of flavour. Potato and chorizo are the stars of the show, and this is the perfect quick and easy option for any time of the day.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 4 chorizo sausages (we love Hellers, 1 packet), cut into thin slices
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 400g new potatoes, boiled (We love Wilcox Baby Perlas)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake.
- Place an ovenproof or cast iron pan over a medium high heat. Add the chorizo and red onion to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until the oils start to release from the chorizo. Add in the potato slices, and cook for a further 5 minutes until the potatoes start to crisp.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season. Stir through the rosemary.
- Spread out the potato chorizo mixture to evenly cover the pan, then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Place into the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden and puffed, and the frittata is cooked through.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh parsley and eat immediately.