Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Scallops wrapped in bacon and cooked to perfection! This is an easy, healthy and tasty entree or BBQ treat. Scallop season in New Zealand starts 1st September every year – a true NZ spring kaimoana treat…
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- 600g sea scallops (shelled, de-veined)
- 400g streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- Olivado Liquid Coconut Oil to drizzle over
To serve: Lemon juice, fresh parsley (we love Superb Herbs) and balsamic reduction to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Rinse your fresh scallops in cold water, and cut the bacon rashers in half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop, and secure the bacon together with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking tray. Drizzle coconut oil all over the skewers. Bake until the bacon is brown and crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Serve with balsamic and a sprinkling of chopped parsley and lemon juice.
Tip: These scallops can also be done beautifully on the BBQ. Just splash some white wine on as they cook on the hot plate.
Win a Supreme Car Groom thanks to Top Notch Grooming
RadioLIVE and Top Notch Grooming are giving one lucky winner the chance to win a full car supreme groom every fortnight.