Scallops wrapped in bacon and cooked to perfection! This is an easy, healthy and tasty entree or BBQ treat. Scallop season in New Zealand starts 1st September every year – a true NZ spring kaimoana treat…
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- 600g sea scallops (shelled, de-veined)
- 400g streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- Olivado Liquid Coconut Oil to drizzle over
To serve: Lemon juice, fresh parsley (we love Superb Herbs) and balsamic reduction to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Rinse your fresh scallops in cold water, and cut the bacon rashers in half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop, and secure the bacon together with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking tray. Drizzle coconut oil all over the skewers. Bake until the bacon is brown and crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Serve with balsamic and a sprinkling of chopped parsley and lemon juice.
Tip: These scallops can also be done beautifully on the BBQ. Just splash some white wine on as they cook on the hot plate.