FreshFast: Classic Beef Cheese Burgers
Watch the fillies and get the team chowing down on these classic beef and cheeseburgers
Ingredients ( Serves 4 )
4 lean premium NZ beef patties (we love Hellers)
2 onions, finely sliced
Dash of balsamic vinegar
Sprinkle of brown sugar
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
¾ cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
4 small portobello mushrooms (we love Meadows NZ)
4 slices cheese
4 brioche style burger buns (we love Tip Top)
- Bring the 4 meat patties to room temperature.
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the balsamic, brown sugar and mustard, cook 2 minutes then cool.
- Fold cooled onion mixture into the mayonnaise.
- Heat the bbq grill or grill pan and cook the patties 4-5 minutes each side until well coloured and cooked through.
- Transfer the patties to an oven tray and top each with a portobello mushroom and a slice of cheese.
- Cook the patties and mushrooms under the grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Spilt and toast the buns, spread each with a little onion mayo mixture then arrange with a few green leaves , top with the melting cheese mushroom burger patties and finish with a spoonful of mustard-onion mayonnaise and cracked pepper.
Make your own patties:
500g lean premium NZ beef
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon beef stock powder
1 tablespoon Best Foods Mayonnaise
½ cup soft breadcrumbs
Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Combine the beef mince with the onion, garlic, stock, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into generous patties and chill until required.
Win a Supreme Car Groom thanks to Top Notch Grooming
RadioLIVE and Top Notch Grooming are giving one lucky winner the chance to win a full car supreme groom every fortnight.