Recipe of the Week: Rocket Hummus
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 heaped cup (large handful) rocket leaves (wild rocket has a stronger flavour)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
Place the chickpeas, rocket, garlic, lemon, tahini, salt and 1/4 cup of water into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until well mixed and almost smooth.
If the consistency is too thick then add a little more water and pulse again.
Mix through 2 tablespoons of the olive oil as well as half of the spring onion.Taste and adjust seasoning to suit
Spoon into a serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining spring onion and drizzle with olive oil.
Home and Garden with Tony Murrell, 7am - 10am Saturday and Sunday mornings on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.
Win a double pass to Loving Vincent
As the world's first full painted feature film it brings the paintings of Vincent van Gogh to life to tell his remarkable story.