Beef and Pork Skewers
- 550g beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon grass
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped palm sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients except coriander leaves in a large bowl, mix really well and then cover and refrigerate for an hour or more to allow the flavours to develop.
Soak 12 bamboo skewers in a glass of water.
- With wet hands divide the mince into 12 portions and roll each into a sausage shape. Slide a skewer into each.
- Heat a griddle, large frying pan or barbecue, spray with a film of oil and cook the skewers until well coloured and cooked through.
Serve with coriander, roti bread, salad and sweet chilli sauce.
Win a double pass to Loving Vincent
As the world's first full painted feature film it brings the paintings of Vincent van Gogh to life to tell his remarkable story.