Chicken satay is a crowd favourite, and this homemade version is full of flavour, and perfectly paired with a lightly spiced cucumber salad. Divine!
Serves 4 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 10 Minutes
- 500g skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 Tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lemongrass stem, bruised
- 2 Lee Kum Kee Satay Sauce packets
- 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar (we love DYC)
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce (we love Barker’s)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- To serve: steamed rice (we love Sun Rice)
- In a bowl, combine the ginger, turmeric, fish sauce, lime and lemongrass.
- Stir well, then add the chicken and stir until coated.
- Leave to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once marinated, thread the chicken onto soaked skewers and set onto a lined or non stick baking tray.
- Brush the skewers with ½ of 1 satay sauce packet, then place in the oven at 220 degrees celsius on grill.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes, then turn and baste with the remaining satay sauce.
- Place back in the oven and grill for a further 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To make the cucumber salad, mix together the vinegar, sugar and sweet chilli sauce until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cucumber ribbons and toss to coat.
- Serve the cooked skewers alongside the cucumber salad and steamed rice.