Succulent and delicious venison can be enjoyed casually in your favourite every day recipe.
Venison mince is the finer and leaner alternative to beef mince. Here is a sophisticated Venison burger recipe.
Serves 4 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 15 minutes
- 1 packet of Silver Fern Farms Venison Mince
- 30g Wild Fennel Co. venison seasoning
- 1 egg
- 50g plain flour
- 200g blue cheese
- 8 slider buns
- 100ml aioli
- 100g rocket, cress or your favourite salad greens
- Oil for cooking (we love Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil)
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºc.
- To begin, slice your slider buns and in a small bowl break the blue cheese up with a fork and put to one side.
- Mix the Silver Fern Farms Venison Mince, Wild Fennel Co. venison seasoning, 1 egg and the plain flour in a large bowl until fully mixed.
- Divide the mixture into eight 50g meatballs and press into small burger patties.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little of the cooking oil until it is almost smoking. Caramelise the burger patties for 2 minutes on both sides then to finish put in the oven for a further 4 minutes.
- Whilst the venison patties are in the oven lightly toast your slider buns then spread a generous amount of aioli on both sides.
- Take the venison from the oven and begin to assemble the sliders by placing a pattie on the base of the slider, topped with the broken down blue cheese, then a small handful of rocket and finish with the lid.