Meatballs say goodbye to their Italian heritage in this recipe and take on an Asian twist, sitting in a delicious sweet and sour sauce! The whole family will love this recipe, which can be on the table in under 45 minutes.
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 24 Hellers Pork Meatballs
- 1 green or red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup fresh or tinned pineapple chunks
- 2 x Lee Kum Kee Sweet and Sour Pork sachets (or 300g sweet and sour sauce)
- 2 tsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- To serve: long grain rice and sliced spring onions
- In a pan, bring a drizzle of oil to a medium high heat. Add the onions to the pan, and cook for a few minutes or until they become translucent. Add the meatballs, cooking until browned.
- Add the capsicum and pineapple, and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the capscium has softened. Pour in the sauces, stir, and bring to a simmer. Serve immediately with white rice and garnish with sliced spring onions.