We love this sneak peek recipe from Jay and Sarah's cookbook Fresh and Affordable Family Food! We've served this delicious salmon alongside simple and tasty kumara fries and a green salad.
“Salmon is a beautiful delicate fish, it’s a great source of omega 3, and also tastes
amazing wrapped in streaky bacon. We save this recipe for a special occasion as
its such a rich and decadent way to eat the salmon” – Jay and Sarah
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 30 Minutes
1 pack Regal Salmon loin chops, skin removed
4 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
2 teaspoons of Coconut sugar (we love Avalanche)
Olive oil (we love Olivado)
2 large orange kumara, cut into fries
1 tsp smoked paprika
Green salad, to serve
- To wrap the salmon: using your hands, take one salmon chop and roll/shape into a round. Wrap one rasher of bacon around and secure with toothpicks. Set on a tray.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the salmon, and rub into the fish.
- To make the kumara fries, lay the kumara on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and season well. Place in the oven and bake 20-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Preheat a pan to a medium heat, and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Place the salmon in the pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes. For crispy bacon, stand the steaks on its side and rotate every 30secs. Once cooked set aside on a plate with a paper towel.
- To serve, plate the salmon alongside the kumara fries and green salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by our neighbours at Fresh. Fresh links simple and delicious, Fresh Fast recipes for you to make in your kitchen. For more foodie inspiration, follow them on Instagram and Facebook.