This recipe is packed full of Asian flavours, but is incredibly easy to create.
Serves 2-3 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
- 4 cups chicken or vege stock, homemade or salt reduced (we love Campbell’s Real Stock)
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled but left whole
- 1 Tbsp shao hsing wine (Chinese rice cooking wine) – optional
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 12 prawn dumplings (we love United Food Co. Prawn and Ginger)
- 2 bok choy, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap/snow peas, top and tailed
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and thinly slice
- In a pot, combine the stock, ginger, shao hsing wine and dark soy. Set over a medium high heat and bring to a light boil. To the soup, add the spring onions, dumplings and bok choy, cooking for 3-5 minutes or until the dumplings have cooked through.
- Remove the ginger from the soup, then serve in bowls. Garnish with fresh spring onion and chilli if desired.