Donna Hay is one of our food idols, and this flourless chocolate cake recipe had us drooling! This is a must make, and even better, it’s gluten free!
Serves 14 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 45 Minutes
- 2½ cups ground almonds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (we love Avalanche)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup macadamia or olive oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- To serve: fresh berries and/or cream
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the almond meal and cocoa in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place the eggs, oil, sugar, maple syrup, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 20cm round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 40–45 minutes or until the cake is just set. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Dust with extra cocoa powder and top with fresh berries to serve.