Often described as meat for vegetarians, mushrooms have a delicious flavour all of their own. This feta mushroom recipe also has a bit of a kick to it!
- 10 – 12 large mushrooms (we love Meadows)
- 1 tbspn butter
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 150 g feta (we love Food Snob)
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tspn cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 180 C
- Wash the mushrooms with a damp cloth and carefully scoop out the stems.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the garlic, shallot, mushrooms stems and chillies until the water has evaporated – about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in the feta then add the Parmesan, pepper and cayenne pepper stirring well to combine.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing and place on baking tray lined with baking paper
- Bake for 20 minutes