Pork and mushroom bánh mì
You must try making this pork and mushroom twist on a Vietnamese classic! Easy and delicious.
- 2 Tbsp avocado cooking oil
- 200g Meadows white mushrooms
- 2 lemongrass (stalks white part only)
- 1/2 cup coriander plus extra for serving
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500g pork mince
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 sea salt
Quick pickled veg:
- 1/2 cucumber, ribboned
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Crusty bread rolls
- 1/2 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Lee Kum Kee hoisin sauce
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped.
- For the quick pickle combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes stirring occasionally then drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes then drain onto a paper towel.
- In a food processor blend mushrooms, lemongrass, coriander, shallot and garlic until smooth.
- Transfer into a large bowl and add the pork mince, caster sugar, fish sauce, sriracha, and salt. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll pork mince into 16 balls. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, turning often until brown and cooked through. set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Split the bread rolls length ways, cutting part way through. Generously spread both sides with mayo and hoisin sauce. Divide carrot and cucumber between the rolls and top with the meatballs, coriander and chilli.