This fried chicken is taken to a completely new, delicious level with a sticky honey mustard sauce drizzled over just before serving. You won’t be able to stop going back for more.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 500g chicken thighs (we love Waitoa)
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg
- 200ml olive oil + 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 6 tablespoons liquid honey (we love Mother Earth)
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour, then dip in beaten egg, then coat in flour again.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat. When fragrant, add chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken pieces, turning a few times until cooked through and crispy. Set onto a plate.
- While the chicken is frying, heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the honey, wholegrain mustard and soy sauce and heat through.
- Drizzle honey sauce over the chicken, then garnish with sliced spring onions and serve immediately.