Bacon and Camembert croquettes
What could be better than bacon, cheese and mashed potato all wrapped into one crunchy croquette?
These are the perfect entertaining snack, and will be a favourite amongst all ages.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 5 rashers streaky bacon, cooked and cut into pieces (we love Hellers)
- 2 cups cold mashed potato (we use Wilcox Red Jackets)
- 1/4 cup flour + extra for crumbing
- 1 egg yolk + 1 egg
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 100g camembert, cut into cubes (we love Food Snob)
- 1-2 cups breadcrumbs
- Olivado Avocado oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine the bacon, mashed potato, 1/4 cup of flour, egg yolk, garlic, oregano and seasoning. Mix well.
- Roll the potato mixture into even sized balls, and set onto a tray. Push a camembert cube into each ball, and roll so they cheese is covered by the potato.
- Pane each croquette by rolling in flour, then dipping in egg and coating in breadcrumbs.
- Deep or shallow fry the croquettes until golden brown and crispy, and keep warm in the oven if necessary. Serve immediately.