Tuesday night business: how businesses make billions investing in others
Every Tuesday night after the 10pm news, Mitch Harris is joined in studio by Elevation Capital founder and CEO Christopher Swasbrook to talk on the latest in business - both here in New Zealand and internationally.
On the table tonight:
- Nestle's relationship with L'Oreal has lasted 40 years - why do these two companies work so well together?
- US President Donald Trump wants to place tariffs on aluminium and steel imports, following up on his 2016 Election promise to raise job numbers for the working class.
- China and South Korea are considering filing a complaint with the World Trade Organization if the United States puts a tariff on US steel.
- Iranians have taken to the streets in protest regarding their country's banking system, which had led to a warning from the IMF (International Monetary Fund).
- The Museum of Modern Art in New York has purchased an historic piece by NZ artist Michael Stevenson, the MONIAC Machine, which is a reproduction of the first machine built by Bill Phillips in 1949 - which is on display at the Reserve Bank Museum in Wellington.
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.