If you've ever wondered what Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones' favourite meal is, it's his own take on Bangers and Mash!! The recipe can be found in Keith Richards' autobiography 'Life'.
So here it is, the Keith Richards recipe for Bangers and Mash:
1. First off, find a butcher who makes the sausages fresh.
2. Fry up a mixture of onions and bacon and seasoning.
3. Get the spuds on the boil with a dash of vinegar, some chopped onions and salt (seasoning to taste). Chuck in some peas with the spuds. (Throw in some chopped carrots too, if you like). Now we’re talking.
4. Now you have the choice of grilling or broiling your bangers or frying. Throw them on a low heat with the simmering bacon and onions (or in a cold pan, as the TV lady said, and add the onion and bacon in a bit) and let the fuckers rock gently, turning every few minutes.
5. Mash yer spuds and whatever.
6. Bangers are now fat free (as possible).
7. Gravy if desired.
8. HP sauce.