Annabelle White's Halloween with fingers recipe.
115g butter, at room temperature
2 cups grated sharp Cheddar, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Blanched almonds, split lengthwise
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
2. In a food processor, add the butter, cheese, flour, ½ teaspoon salt and cayenne and process until a smooth dough is formed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Evenly divide dough and form into fingers. Place on a lightly greased baking tray.
4. Take a sharp knife and score each of the fingers to create knuckles. Press an almond gently into the tip of each finger.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Allow to cool.