“A country without documentaries is like a family without photo albums”.
Ben Tsiang, co-founder of the leading Chinese web portal Sina.com.
From 26 April until 13 May in Auckland (17 May – 3 June in Wellington) you can see the best documentaries the world has to offer at this year’s Documentary Edge Festival. How do we know? have a look at the list here!
There really is something for everyone! From Martin Scorsese’s Public Speaking to William Shatner’s The Captain. From Revenge of the Electric Car to corporate corruption in Four Horsemen…and New Zealand’s first ever 3D movie, Yakel!
Listen to Graeme Hill’s Weekend Variety Wireless (Saturday & Sunday from 10 – 2) for your chance to win tickets and learn everything there is to know about the festival. He and James Croot will be reviewing as many films as they possibly can, as well as interviewing the filmmakers.
Tickets and Cinemas
Films are screening at Event Cinemas, Newmarketwww.eventcinemas.co.nz
Also at the Auckland Art Gallery - Screenings at 12pm and 2pm, Mon - Fri only. Tickets are available for sale at the Auckland Art Gallery 1 hour before the first screening on the day. Visit www.aucklandartgallery.com
Tickets also available from Dash Tickets or Real Groovy.
Films are screening at Angelika at Reading Cinemas Courtenay and City Gallery Wellington.
About the festival:
• Three week film festival in Auckland (26 April – 13 May 2012) and in Wellington (17 May – 3 June 2012).
• Documentary Edge comprises a film festival, a short film competition and a cluster of industry specific activities and resources.
• It is run by two of the region’s preeminent documentary advocates, Alex Lee and Dan Shanan.
Documentary Edge Gala Awards – Thursday 3rd May
• Gala Awards honour best national and international films shown at Festival.
• Only competition for documentary films in Australasia.