By Annabelle White
You have never had cup cakes like these before – they are the best.
We decorated the cupcakes with passion fruit icing and topped each one with an edible flower. Made in 30 mins. Makes 14 cupcakes.
125 g soft butter
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs (no 6)
11/2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 160degC fan bake.
2. Take your softened butter (not melted), place into your cake mixer and beat till white in colour. Allow 5 mins.
3. Then add sugar and continue to beat.
4. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
5. Sift in flour and add milk and give the mix a good beat – quick, but sure (10 beats is ideal) – do not over mix.
6. Place into cup cake cases and bake for approx. 25 mins or when spongy to touch and pale golden brown.
7.Ice with passion fruit icing and split and fill with freshly whipped cream or leave as is.
Passion fruit Icing – beat together 2 cups icing sugar, 1 Tbsp soft butter and 1 Tbsp cream cheese and thin to the right mixture with passion fruit syrup.
For more super recipes like this check out my latest cook book 'Casual Cooking' at www.annabellewhite.com